PC Engines APU2 - Sophos UTM 9 Free Home
This how-to was made using the following items:
- PCEngines APU2 board.
- 16GB SSD (64GB would be better).
- USB Drive (USB2 installation media).
- USB Keyboard (only for installation).
- Sophos UTM 9 (asg-9.506-2.1) ISO.
- Network connected to first interface (next to serial port).
- Install is a bit difficult.
- Snort takes a lot of CPU (>90% on a single thread), during a speedtest download speed is now around 50mbit instead of 120. Intrusion Prevention active with 1718 of 31918 patterns.
- Register and download ISO https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/utm-downloads.aspx.
- Log in and download license file.
- Check MD5 sum.
- Modify downloaded ISO:
- Copy ISO to USB drive:
sudo dd if=asg-9.506-2.1.iso of=/dev/sda bs=1M status=progress && sync
- Boot APU2, press F10 and select USB drive.
- At the welcome screen (Welcome to Sophos UTM 9!), press F3
- Keyboard settings
- Date / Time
- 64 bit kernel
- All capabilities
alt-f2and type the following, in the blind and before partitioning the hard drive:
beep # To confirm you are typing in a shell ifconfig eth0 up # Up the first interface ifconfig eth0 184.108.40.206/24 # Use free IP-address in your subnet # Test ping from other machine. passwd root # Then enter new root password twice /etc/init.d/dropbear start # Start SSHd
- Log in, using SSH, from another machine.
- Mount USB to /install:
mount -t iso9660 -o loop /dev/sdb1 /install
alt-f1and continue with the installation. It will take around 15 minutes to install.
- After boot you will hear a few beeps.
- Open the webgui to continue configuration.
sophos_utm_pcengines_apu2.txt · Last modified: 2021/10/09 15:14 by 127.0.0.1